From April 1st the NHS will no longer exist in it’s current form and will be moving to full privatisation on the US model.
Dr Lucy Reynolds Interview in the British medical journal
For the 1.5 per cent of earners who make over £150,000 a year, the top rate of income tax will be reduced from 50 per cent to 45 per cent on 6 April. The move will benefit the UK’s 13,000 income millionaires by an average of £100,769 a year.
The reduction of the minimum threshold to £10,000 benefits higher earners vastly more than lower earners and doesn’t affect the lowest paid.
Beer Duty. You would need to drink 350 pints of Guinness to get a free one.
Social Security awards of all types are capped at only1% for the next 3 years, whilst inflation varies between 3-5% and is forecast to be higher thereby cutting Social Security payments potentially by 12% and probably more.
The ToryLibdems have ordered savings from the housing benefit budget of £465 million to be found by setting a tax on families defined to be under-occupying Housing association properties. “The Bedroom Tax” Costing families around £100 -£120 per month. The scheme ignores the practicalities:-
* The cost of moving would outweigh the savings of paying the tax for many.
* Moving to a private rent would require two months advance rent in most cases. Rent in the private sector is higher. Where would anyone on low income find this? Anyway most private landlords do not accept those on Housing Benefit (or with pets)
* There are very, very few smaller properties available anyway.
* If most of those affected did move there wouldn’t be any savings made. The small amount of freed properties would not make the slightest dent on housing waiting lists containing millions of families not tens of thousands.
* Disabled people and their families are disproportionately affected and the only Government help offered (the discretionary fund) is worth £2.51 per week against a rent support shortfall of £14
Support for council tax has been “reformed” now most of the lowest paid, claimants and vulnerable will have to find; in many cases around £30 per month for this new POLL TAX
Legal Aid for Social Security appeals, unfair dismissal and other social based cases has been ceased from April 1st. Denying justice to to the lowest paid, claimants and the most vulnerable.
CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAUX
Funding for the already overstretched CAB is reduced from £33 million to £2 million. Further denying support advice to the lowest paid, claimants and the most vulnerable.
This month the government applied retrospective legislation denying payments to claimants who had been illegally mandated to work for the Workfare scheme and had lost significant amounts of Social Security payments.
SOCIAL FUND/CRISIS LOANS
These have now been stopped and a miniscule fund devolved to Councils many of who’m have decided to replace cash payments with pre-loaded gift cards for use in certain stores.
The use of Foodbanks has tripled from 41,000 to 129,000 since the ToryLibdems formed the coalition.
Has risen 48,000 to 993,000 in the last qtr
A one-off 28% capital gains tax on the recent increase in wealth of the top 1,000 richest in the UK would pay off the deficit and still leave the richest with millions in profit each. That would free money for a massive building program to build desperately needed social housing. Thus creating hundreds of thousands of jobs and would reduce Social Security repayments.
When the ToryLibdems are kicked out and humiliated in 2015. The incoming Labour Government will have great difficulty turning back the clock on NHS privatisation. It must be done.
Workfare must stop, everyone deserves a living wage. If they’ve got it they spend it, if they spend it, that spending creates Growth.
All the indecencies inflicted by this uncaring, inhumane government on the poorest and most vulnerable must be overturned.